HANNIBAL | A national study by Healthgrades has listed Hannibal Regional Hospital as one of “America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery and Joint Replacement.”
“For over 25 years, Midwest Orthopedics and Hannibal Regional have worked together to provide exceptional care, this award recognizes our dedication and commitment to quality care and remarkable outcomes over time,” said Hannibal Regional CEO Todd Ahrens.
The awards recognize Hannibal Regional among the top 5% in the nation for overall orthopedic services and joint replacement. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions using Medicare data, and outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using allpayer data provided by 15 states.
The achievement is part of findings released in the Healthgrades 2020 Report to the Nation. From 2016 through 2018, patients treated at hospitals receiving the America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award have, on average, a 39.7 percent lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award.
Hannibal Regional also was recognized for several other clinical achievements including:
• Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2020
• Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
• Recipient of the Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2016-2020)
• Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
• Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for 5 Years in a Row (2016-2020)
• Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 7 Years in a Row (2014-2020)
• Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
• Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
• Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures in 2020